Happy Friday!! WHOOOOO HOOOOOO. As I type this post I am stranded in the house as the driveway is completely filled in from a snow drift. No big deal as our snow removal guy is en route. This gives me just enough time to share this delicious, quick and easy chicken recipe with you and kick off Friday with a bang.
- 2 Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 1 Cup of Mushrooms ( sliced)
- 1 1/2 Cups Salsa
- Mozzarella cheese
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- Black Pepper
- Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees
- In a preheated sauce pan add the olive oil and begin to brown the chicken.
- Add the mushrooms and let cook down for about 3 minutes.
- Turn the chicken and brown the other side and then transfer to baking pan.
- Top the chicken and mushrooms with the salsa and top with the cheese.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes until cheese is melted and cooked through.
Zesty Tip: Over cooking a boneless chicken breast can really turn into a bad experience. Make sure to just cook it through until no longer pink. Remember that boneless does not take as long as bone in too cook.
Do you Remember
Remember back when I baked homemade beer bread. It was very good but had a funny after taste and many of you tried the recipe and some suggested the same problem with the amount of baking powder. Well I was concerned about that so I made the recipe again last night and tweaked the 4 1/2 Teaspoons of baking powder to 3 Teaspoons. It was much better. I also halved the amount of melted butter on top and it was still delicious.
Here are a couple of snapshots of the finished product.
I hope you have a great Friday and I will talk to you on Monday.