For the most part I have always tried to watch my carb intake after 5:00 pm. Now I am not always behaving as you may have noticed last week when I hit up my favorite take out spot for a double cheeseburger.
I have been getting alot of great snack and healthy meal ideas especially since reading some of my favorite blogs out there like Katheats and Michelle at Taste As You Go as well as Megan’s Munchies and Krista’s Kravings not too mention Peanut Butter Boy , Skinny Chef and The Hungry Mouse.
So with that all being said I tried to be a little creative with dinner since it was around 8:00pm by the time we sat down after the kiddies went to bed. I was craving chicken curry in some form so I decided to whip it into a little salad and sit it on some romaine lettuce and wrap it up and call it a meal.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken (2 Cups)
- 2 Large Romaine Lettuce Leaf
- 1 Tbsp Curry Powder
- 2 Tbsp Light Mayonaisse
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Pecans
- 1/2 Cup Diced Apple
- Cracked Black Pepper
- Add the first three ingredients together in a bowl and gently mix together.
- Once the curry and mayonaisse are mixed well add pecans and apple and mix again.
- Top with a generous amount of fresh cracked pepper
- Wash Lettuce leaf and ensure it is dry
- Spoon chicken mixture on top of lettuce – wrap – and enjoy!
The wrap had a great flavor and texture with the crunch of the apples and the pecans as well as the freshness of the lettuce. Next time I may add some cheese for another layer of both flavor and texture.
In additon to the wrap we had a little treat of Doritos ( Blue Cheese and Hot Wings ) – yeah i know two distinct flavors all in one bag. Pretty crazy but I loved them. So much for this post going all healthy. Well that’s all for now… but not without a question to all of you… what are your favorite kind of chips?