It’s Friday, It’s Friday!! How are you doing? Hopefully all is well but just in case you are down in the dumps – I have a spicy low carb pasta recipe that will make your tongue hop. One of my favorite things to eat with pasta is a little bit of heat. Nothing uncontrollable but I do like a bit of spice that can be accompanied by a nice glass of white milk.
Remember when I did a “how to cook pasta” post, pretending I am Italian but oh well…. I feel I have eaten enough pasta to somehow understand the ins and outs of cooking noodles. But what I remember the most is asking everyone what your favorite drink to have with noodles. Surprising a lot of people said milk – which is my favorite for sure.
When you take a look at this dish – it could not get any easier. Shrimp is an excellent source of protein and super easy to work with ( especially if you just buy frozen ). Very quick to cook and you can have this low carb pasta recipe on the table in 15 minutes. That is my kind of meal. With everyone busy and doing 100 different things, eating healthy still has to be a priority in order to keep the energy levels up.
Next time you have some a craving for pasta – give this low carb pastas recipe a try.
- 12 ounces fresh or frozen peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 8 Oz. dried Whole wheat spaghetti ( I just use a handful)
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 or 2 fresh jalapeno chile peppers, seeded and finely chopped*
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered, or chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 1/4 Tsp. Black pepper
- Shaved green onion
- Finely shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Rinse shrimp; pat dry with paper towels.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- Preheat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil, chile peppers and garlic to hot skillet; cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Add shrimp; cook and stir about 3 minutes more or until shrimp are opaque.
- Stir in tomatoes, salt, and black pepper; heat through.
- Drain spaghetti; toss with shrimp mixture.
- If desired, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and top with green onion.
Zesty Tip: Because chile peppers contain oils that can burn your skin and eyes, avoid direct contact with them as much as possible. When working with chile peppers, wear plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands do touch the peppers, wash your hands and nails well with soap and warm water.
Flo-rida Vacation Update
Just a quick update on the accommodations for the Disney World trip, I want to thank everyone for their emails and comments – It was really fun to read through everyone’s ideas and Mrs Zesty and I are very appreciative. I think we are going to try and pull the trigger today so I will keep you posted on the final choice.
Have a super weekend and I will chit chat with you on Monday. Oh wait and before I go – try this recipe. If you like shrimp – I am pretty sure you will be singing the praises of this one.