Happy Wednesday! I am always looking for new burgers to try out and sitting in the kitchen last week at the office I overheard rumblings of this dream combination of mango and turkey. I thought to myself… hmmmm that definitely sounds delicious and is worthy of a weeknight meal at Zesty’s. Next step was to inquire about the ingredients… done! Pick up the goods at the grocery store and put this burger to the test. Too easy.
Overall my take on the burgers were positive and I will make them again. One thing I would add to the mixture would be maybe diced onions or green peppers…. something for texture.
- 1 lb Ground turkey
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 3 Tbsp. Mango Chutney
- 1 Tsp. Chili powder ( or red pepper flakes)
- 1/2 Cup Bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp veg oil for frying
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a large bowl combine turkey and all remaining ingredients and mix together lightly ( you do not want to mash the mixture to an oblivion or the burgers will taste pureed)
- Line out a piece of parchment or wax paper and prepare the patties
- Let the burger rest for 10 minutes so they get to room temperature. This will prevent them from tightening up and drying out when they hit the hot pan.
- Place oil in the hot pan and gently add the burgers. let cook about 3-4 minutes on the first side until golden brown. ( Do not push the burger down in the pan with a spatula please)
- Once golden brown, carefully flip the burger and cook on the other side. ( 3-4 mins)
- Transfer to oven to finish cooking about 20 mins ( depending on the thickness)
- Top with whatever you desire. I chose tzatkiki and homemade basil pesto.
Zesty Tip: These burgers are very loose ( as designed to keep them moist) so you have to be really careful when flipping them after the first sear. Make sure you let them cook to a nice golden brown on the first side and then slowly flip and complete the other side before transporting to the oven to finsh.
Ok so now on Monday I mentioned I was dressing up for Halloween at the office. To give you a little background on the costume, my boss purchase a pro basketball team and they are starting the regular season this week. A few guys int he office thought it would be a great idea if we dressed up as the basketball team. We made some jerseys with the logo and an iron and we were all set. Now as most of you know… I do not look like a basketball player. However a few accessories can at least make me look the part.
Have a good Wednesday and do not forget to enter the Candy Giveaway contest. Submissions end today at 5:00pm EST.