Let’s chalk up yesterday to just a crazy day that I do not want repeated. Work was absolutely insane with people upset, deadlines approaching, phones a ringin’ and software not working. But hey – It’s not the end of the world so just keep smiling and plug away. Now onto something that automatically makes me smile. Risotto!
Well do I have a post for you today! I mean totally sink your teeth in recipe. Comfort screaming out loud! You are going to love this post. If you don’t love this post – then you either do not like Maple, Butternut Squash and Risotto or you may simply not like me rambling on about it.
Regardless of the answer here is the recipe.
- 6 Cups chicken broth
- ¼ Cup sherry
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Small onion finely chopped
- ½ Butternut squash diced
- 2 Cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 Tsp. rosemary
- 3 Tbsp. wine vinegar
- 1 ½ Cups Arborio rice
- ½ Cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Coarse salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Heat broth and sherry until simmering.
- Cook squash and onion, until onions soft, about 7 minutes seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Add garlic, maple syrup rosemary, and vinegar and cook 2-3 min further till all well blended.
- Squash should be soft but intact.
- Add rice and stir to coat and then add first cup of broth mixture, stirring until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- The broth must be hot when adding to the rice. As broth dissolves add more until rice done, about 30 minutes.
- Stir in parmesan cheese at the very end.
- Rice will be plump and slightly firm to the bite.
Zesty Tip: Don’t sweat the risotto – it is not as hard as you think. Just follow these simple instructions and you can pull it off.
Last night was a bit of a hodge podge night with just a bit of lazing around and some TV watching. Does anybody watch American Idol? I tuned in for a bit last night for a little laugh. I feel I could be doing so much around the house getting it set up but for some reason the couch continues to call my name.
Hope you have a great Wednesday. The kitchen people and carpenters are coming this morning to do some fixes and the flooring guys are coming back on Friday to take a look at some blemishes.