Holy Friday! This week flew by for sure which is surprising after vacation - normally I find the first week drags. Not the case at all for me which is nice. I got a good amount of work done this week as well which makes me feel good. I got a pretty decent response from people interested in the “Help the Student Event” I will be running next month. I cannot wait! I have so many fun ideas on how to be frugal yet creative in the kitchen.
Guess what is in store for today…. well you already know if you read the title but I thought I would ask the question anyhow. I know, lame isn’t it? Oh well that’s me. Alright, so let’s begin. Mexican Beef and Bean wrap. Sound exciting? Yeah I thought so.
This is super easy and tasty. I like the cumin in the beef… I find it smells like sweat but I love the flavor.
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1/2 Cup salsa
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1/2 Tsp. chili powder
- 1 Tsp Cumin
- Sliced Bell peppers
- 6 (8- to 10-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 Cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 Cup Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Cherry tomatoes, quartered (optional)
- Mix beans, salsa and chili powder in 1-quart saucepan.
- Heat over medium heat about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until warm.
- In another sauce pan, brown the beef with the cumin until cooked through, toss in peppers and let cook for 3 minutes. Add the bean and salsa mixture to the pan and mix thoroughly.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup bean mixture onto center of each tortilla; spread slightly.
- Top with lettuce, cheese and tomatoes.
- Fold over sides of tortillas.
Zesty Tip: Let’s avoid drying out the meat. I always use lean ground beef so you have to be careful not to over cook it but at the same time cook it through. Once it turns from pink to brown you are good to go. Add the moisture from the beans and peppers and you will be set.
I am off to the dentist today… oh how I love that visit. Do you find your teeth feel weird after the cleaning… almost loose? But I love rubbing my tongue over them when they are clean. Do you get your teeth cleaned bi annually or annually. I am every 6 months. Enough about the dentist – Have a super Friday and send me a note if you want to participate in Help the Student event!!