Good morning! I have a tendency to use the ingredients on hand and come up with some odd pairings, unique combination or just all out crazy dishes. For this dish, I combined the fresh taste of mint and crunchy royal gala apples, green peas and some jasmine rice. Interesting combination? Tasty? I would say yes to all of the above.
This would be a great side dish with roasted pork or even a blackened roasted chicken. You could also serve this cold as a salad but I chose to eat it hot.
- 2 Cups Jasmine Rice
- 1 Cups frozen Peas
- 2 Apples, cubed
- 2 Sprigs of fresh mint
- 1 Tbsp. Apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tsp. fresh ginger, minced
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the rice according directions an set aside.
- In a large preheated skillet add the olive oil, garlic and ginger and begin to cook. Toss in the apples, vinegar, and cook for a couple of minutes. Toss in the peas and let cook through.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Add the mint at the last minute, stir in the rice and mix together.
- Garnish with a touch more mint.
Zesty Tip: You want the apples to still have a crunch so I started off with a hard apple versus a soft apple like MacIntosh. I find the galas can hold up tot he heat and not break down.
I hope you have a great Monday. The rain here is “raining on my parade” to say the least. We have a lot of work to be done outside and nothing has started as of yet due to the weather. I am trying to stay optimistic but if this continues I am sure to be cranky?
Do you find weather effects your mood? Let me know because I never used to think it had an impact on me but now I am second guessing.. ha! I will talk to you on Wednesday.