Yes! You read the title correctly. Mrs. Zesty made these delicious cupcakes for a wedding shower she was attending on Friday evening. It was a bit of a hectic Thursday night/Friday which meant that I was unable to help with the food preparation as much as I wanted too.
The results were fabulous! Mrs. Z has always been a great baker (along with her whole family). These little dream treats are super simple and super tasty. Nothing more than cake mix (without all the oil), some pre-made frosting, and crumbled Skor bar to kick it up a notch.
Feel free to follow below for the details.
- Betty Crocker Chocolate Cake Mix
- 3 Eggs
- 1 1/3 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup Oil ( used closer to 1/4 cup)
- Vanilla Frosting
- 2 Skor Bars
- Preheat oven to 325 Degrees
- Follow instructions o n the cake mix
- Place liners in the muffin tins
- Using a measuring spoon and fill the cup cakes tins until about 3/4 full
- Bake for 17 -22 minutes
- Remove cup cakes and place on wire rack; let cool
- Once cool, spread frosting
- Place Skor bars in ziploc bag and rush with rolling pin
- Top cup cakes with Skor pieces
Zesty Tip: To keep the mess under control, Mrs. Zesty uses a measuring spoon and liners in the muffin tins. This also eliminates some unwanted oil in the muffins.
So a couple of things about this little treat. I was very thankful that Mrs. Zesty pulled through to make these delicious cupcakes as I knew time would be tight for me. And secondly, they tasted great and were so easy to make. I really appreciate the reduction of oil in this recipe. The cupcakes were very light and fluffy, but the Skor pieces really gave them dimension and texture. Great Job J!
Hope you have a great Monday! I will forewarn you that yesterday we had a huge beach day which was followed by a killer BBQ/Dinner at the Sis In Laws. So stay tuned for some dishes that will make your tongue hang out.