Well Well Well…. Did you think I got lost in New York? Not really the case, but we did get stranded on Sunday as the flight was cancelled due to weather conditions in the JFK area. On top of all that, we had to check a bag because we shopped too much and in that bag I had placed my power cord for the laptop… ooops and the laptop died. That is the sob story as to why no post on Monday.
Too make up for the missed day I thought I would do a recap of NYC in pictures and share with you a shrimp recipe that I whipped up last night that made my heart sing. Oh so good and oh so easy to prepare.
Things We Did
- The Lion King
- Mets Game
- Hop N Go Tour – Central Park, downtown loop, world trade centre
- Shopped at Century 21 – mind boggling
- Hit up Macy’s for 3 Hours
- Hung out at Times Square
- Ate at the Shake Shack!!
- Became Subway gurus
Curry Fig Shrimp
- 16 Large Shrimp
- 2 Figs , chopped
- Lemon zest
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp. Curry Paste
- 1/4 Cup water
- 2 Cups spinach
- 1 Cup of Basmati rice
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- Preheat a sauce pan over high heat and add olive oil.
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and quickly sear the shrimp, 30 seconds per side. Pull them out of the pan and place on a plate while you make the sauce.
- Add garlic, lemon zest, maple syrup, figs and curry paste. Stir quickly and lower the heat to medium. Add water and let reduce for 2 minutes.
- Toss shrimp back in the sauce and coat evenly for 1 minute.
- Remove shrimp leaving liquid in the pan to saute the spinach. Cook the spinach until wilted about 1-2 minutes.
- Serve over rice
Zesty Tip: Don’t over cook the shrimp! It is very easy to do, just ensure as soon as they become translucent, you remove them from the heat.
OK, I better get my butt to the office and start the work day. I hope you enjoyed the recap and again sorry for the lack of posting on Monday. I will talk to you all on Friday.