Happy Monday to you! Did you watch the Scotties Tournament of Hearts Curling Final last night? It was a great game for sure and came right down to the very end. Leading up to the game we had both Saturday and Sunday breakfasts. On Saturday morning, I whipped up a batch of Oatmeal flax pancakes that were so goooooooooooood. I could not wait for Sunday morning to arrive so we could eat them again. See we didn’t finish all the batter on Saturday so I just wrapped it up and covered it in the fridge for yesterday. DELICIOUS!
Pancakes are so simple yet very powerful. You can do traditional white pancakes with butter and syrup, you could try a whole wheat version, you could whip up a potato pancake or you could try these.
All of the above are good but these oat flax pancakes with a hint of maple syrup will honestly make you smile… I promise.
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 2 Cups milk or soy milk
- 1 Cup Whole wheat flour
- 2 Tbsp. ground flax seed
- 1 Tbsp. Agave syrup
- 1 Tbsp. Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp. salt
- 1/2 Tsp. cinnamon
- 1 1/2 Tsp. Vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. Plain Yogurt
- 1/3 Cup Chocolate chips ( optional )
- In a large bowl, blend together oats and milk and let stand 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, stir together whole wheat flour, baking powder, flax, salt and cinnamon.
- To the oat mixture, add the yogurt, agave syrup, chocolate chips and the large bowl of dry ingredients.
- To make pancakes, use approximately ¼ cup batter per pancake. Cook over medium-high heat on a grill or lightly-oiled frying pan.
- Serve with maple syrup.
Zesty Tip: While it’s still hot, spread each pancake with natural peanut butter and let it melt and get oozy. Top with sliced bananas and a drizzle of real maple syrup.
OK another week is about to start so keep your chin up (or down if you are walking so you don’t trip) and have a great day. I am getting some products in the mail this week to give a try so I should be back Wednesday with some fun information on what the mailman delivered to Zesty. Enjoy the pancakes if you have time to make them for supper and if not try them when you can.