Hey Everyone… Happy Tuesday! I had a huge family gathering on the weekend and with that came a lot of food. One of the feature brunch dishes that I chose was a wonderful, yet simple, kicked up quiche. Talk about an easy recipe that packed a punch. Over 20 people tried the quiche and everyone of them were raving about both the homemade pastry and filling.
Follow along below and try out this quiche. I made a couple of different types. Our feature quiche was ham and spinach with monterey jack cheese. I also made a traditional bacon, mushroom quiche with cheddar cheese.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 (5 ounce) container process sharp cheese spread
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped ham
- 1/2 cup Spinach chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped bacon
- 1/2 cup finely chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, cut butter and cheese spread into flour until well blended.
- Add water and toss with a fork until a ball forms.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Press tablespoonfuls onto the bottom and up the sides of greased miniature muffin cups.
- In a bowl, beat the egg, milk and salt. Stir in ham and cheese.
- Spoon a rounded teaspoonful into each shell.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes or until golden brown. (This is actually a shot of the bacon and mushroom quiche in case you thought I was losing my mind)
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
So as always, do tell Zesty what’s your favorite quiche filling. I can’t wait to hear everyone’s responses. Hope everybody has a great Tuesday!