Happy Wednesday to you! Before I get into an exciting yet simple bread recipe, you first have to remember to enter the Dempster’s Giveaway Contest. I cannot wait to have 4 people try this bread and let me know what you think.
Do you like Prosciutto Ham? Are you a big fan of goat cheese? If you are, then this recipe might be for you! Now me on the other hand – I tend to eat whatever is in front of me but I did really enjoy this loaf. One addition I would do in the future is to place some fresh basil leaves under the ham for additional flavor.
- 1 DEMPSTER’S® OvenFreshTM White or Multigrain Baguette
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 Log Goat cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh thyme leaves
- 10 Thin Slices Prosciutto
- PREHEAT oven to 400°F.
- SLICE baguette diagonally into ½ inch (1 cm) slices, about 20 slices. Brush on side of each slice with olive oil.
- SLICE goat cheese into ¼ inch (5 mm) slices and place one slice on each baguette round.
- SPRINKLE each round with a pinch of thyme and wrap ½ slice of prosciutto around the center of each slice of bread. Place the bread slices on a baking sheet and sprinkle with remaining thyme leaves.
- DRIZZLE with remaining olive oil and bake for 8 minutes or until cheese is softened and baguette is hot and crisp.
Zesty Tip: If you do not like goat cheese, simply replace with your favorite cheese.
Alright, so there you have it. The contest ends today at 5:00pm Eastern. Be sure to enter and I will announce the winners on Friday. I will see you back on Friday with a dish from my latest Sunday cook-off. Have a great mid week Wednesday.