Ever have lasagna with pulled pork? I didn’t until a while ago when I made the pulled pork for the potluck I thought it would be a good idea. A good idea indeed! I loved it. The tenderness of the pork matched up smoothness of the cheese and the texture of the noodles was a huge hit.
Very simple to put together and because the pork was done in a barbecue base, I didn’t over power the sauce with a lot of flavors. I just wanted to marry the pork with the noodles and let it go from there.
- 2 Cups Pulled pork ( cooked)
- 1/2 Cup chopped onion
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 2 Cloves garlic
- 12 oz. Tomato paste
- 12 oz. Can tomatoes
- 1 Tsp. salt
- 3/4 Tsp. Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Parsley
- 1/2 Tsp. Oregano
- 1 Tbsp. Sugar
- 1 Box No Cook Lasagna noodles
- 2 Cups. Mozzarella cheese
- 1 Package cottage cheese
- 1 eggs
- In a large skillet, heat up the olive oil, garlic and onion and saute for 3 minutes. Mix together the tomato paste, tomatoes, salt and pepper, parsley , oregano and sugar.
- Add the pulled pork to the mixture and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the egg, a little parsley and cottage cheese and mix together and set aside.
- Assemble a little bit of the sauce on the bottom on your grease 9*13 pan
- Add some noodles, sauce, cottage cheese mixture and mozzarella cheese then repeat the process until the sauce is gone. Top with mozzarella cheese and bake at 350 for about 30 minutes.
Zesty Tip: You can always use left over meat for lasagna as an alternative. You could even try this with leftover pot roast instead of ground beef. You can of course omit the meat altogether and use a meaty vegetable like portabella mushroom or eggplant as the star of the dish.
OK, I am off to attend to a sick zesty junior and I will talk to you all on Wednesday. Have a great start to your week and let me know if you have any questions or concerns about this ad hoc lasagna recipe.