Monday is here! Vacation begins! The sun is shining and a water park is calling.
A fun weekend was had for sure as we set out on an adhoc overnight trip to Moncton NB with a stop at the zoo. Overnight in a hotel with the kids is always fun. Late nights, pizza deliveries, and some junk food is always part of the tradition.
Before I get to the zoo pictures, I have to show you a recipe that I have been meaning to share with you for a while. Bread and me are “best friends forever“. I cannot get enough of it and would never turn it down regardless of the meal.
- 1 1/2 Cups warm water
- 3 1/2 Cups all-purpose white flour
- 2 Tsp. Salt
- 3 Tsp. Instant yeast
- Handful of oatmeal
- Place the flour, salt, instant yeast into a bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the warm water and mix with a spoon. Don’t handle the dough too much, just make sure it’s all mixed well, so you don’t end up with dry pockets of flour through the dough.
- Place it into a container and leave it at room temperature for 4hrs. You will notice when you check it, that it has risen. It should double.
- Cut the dough in two and begin to shape it into a circle and allow it to rest for 1-2hrs.
- Add a little flour to your baking dish and drop it in to the pan. Top with a sprinkle of oatmeal.
- bake in oven at 380F for approx 40mins.
Zesty Tip: If you do not want to cook both loaves all at once, This dough keeps well in the fridge for up to two weeks. You can just pull it out and bake some bread anytime when you get home.
Zesty at the Zoo
Below are some of the shots I took while at the zoo. It was super hot out and a lot of the animals were hunting for shade or lying down.
Well as you read this today ( unless you are reading a day or more later), I am likely at the water park with the family getting my hair messed up, eating some peanut butter sandwiches or just lounging around on some beach chairs. Regardless, I will be having fun! Have a super Monday and I will catch you on Wednesday.