The salad kick is still on.
Trying to represent summer despite the cool temperatures.
Fresh raspberries, soft smooth goat cheese, crunchy toasted almond slivers and a mint vinaigrette.
Do you wish you had a fork? It was pretty yummy.
- 4 Cups Baby Romaine
- 1 1/2 Cups Raspberries
- 1/4 Cup Natural, unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1/2 Cup Sliver almonds, toasted
- Handful of fresh mint leaves
- 2 Tbsp. Goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 Cup Raisins
- 3 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper
- 6 Mint leaves, finely chopped
- Combine all salad ingredients in a bowl
- For the dressing, get a jar with a lid and add the ingredients in order as listed above.
- Place the lid on and give it a good shake.
- Pour over salad just before serving.
Zesty Tip: Keep salads interesting by switching out the greens from baby romaine, arugula, spinach, iceberg lettuce, etc. It will keep your taste buds guess and avoid those pitfalls of the same old salad.
The sun is shining, birds are chirping but it is still cool out. I am trying to be optimistic but I am really looking forward to working out on the deck. Not there yet… but did fire up the barbecue last night. Will share more with you on that for Friday.
Have a great day.