Whooo Hoooo – I am back home! But it is cold…. damn weather and only to get worse. I might have something that you can whip up and warm up for those cool evenings. How many of us are busy as a beaver and feel we make up excuses to eat healthy? Pick me Pick me… but with this simple salmon dish, you are in and out of the kitchen in 15 minutes, eating on the couch or table and happy as a clam.
For those of you who are not fans of salmon this will work with any protein for the most part. White fish, chicken, pork, tofu – you name it it will taste great. The dish is all about the relish. The freshness of lemon, combined with the sweetness of the raisins and the crunch of the almonds.
- 4 Salmon portions
- 1 Clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp. Balsamic
- 3 Tbsp. Raisins
- 1/4 cup Almonds, toasted
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- Fresh Tarragon
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly rub olive oil, salt and pepper over salmon. Roast in the oven about 8 minutes per inch of thickness
- In a large pan, add remaining olive oil to pan. Saute garlic and shallot until translucent about 4 minutes.
- Add balsamic vinegar, lemon zest, raisins and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Finish the relish with the toasted almonds.
- Top the salmon with the relish, tarragon and serve over salad.
Zesty Tip: Try not to overcook the salmon. The last thing you want is dry overcooked salmon. If you want a little more lemon flavor you can cook the salmon in a little bit of the lemon juice to cook the salmon.
Alright, I have a busy day of catch up at the office. I will talk to you all on Wednesday but until then have a good start to your week and keep smiling.