Happy Tuesday! I know this post is just a sandwich but it’s an interesting and tasty sandwich that I threw together over the weekend. Pork chops were on sale at the super market so I decided to pick them up. I was craving avocado and hummus as well. That is when I clued in – lets create a new sandwich! I simply pan fried the pork chops with a little olive oil and salt and pepper. Let them cook through but allowed them to remain juicy. After that just add your hummus and sliced avocado and it is complete.
This is super simple with a nice balance of flavors and texture.
- Sliced Pork Chop (cut on the bias)
- Sliced Avocado (drizzled with lemon)
- Bread or Rolls (Toasted)
- Cook the pork chops (to your liking).
- Preheat oven or toaster oven.
- Place rolls or bread inside and toast.
- Slice avocado and top with lemon juice.
- Once bread is toasted, add liberal amount of hummus.
- Top with sliced cooked pork.
- Add Avocado on top.
- Close the sandwich.
Zesty Tip: If you have left over bread that is a few days old. The best way to make it stretch is to toast it. It will still test fresh when toasted. Another option is to cube up the old bread, toast it in the oven and add it in the food processor for homemade bread crumbs.
I would love to know what you think about this sandwich combination. For my vegan readers out there…. omit the pork and add a roasted portabella mushroom.
Hope you have a great Tuesday and I look forward to hearing from you.