Middle of the week already! I cannot believe it. I am somewhat overwhelmed the last couple of days with the to do list… ever get like that? It seems like this always happens when you take a week off but when you come back to reality you are swamped. It is all good though – you have to think positive and move forward.
At the end of the post I added more Jamaica photos since I took tons of them to share. However, before we get there I want to share with you a stew or casserole recipe that is dead easy to make and tastes great.
Try this and let me know what you think of the flavor and simplicity.
- 1 lb. of Lamb ( cut into pieces )
- 3 lbs. of Potatoes ( peeled and sliced )
- 1 Medium Onion ( sliced or whole depending on if you like it )
- 4 Cups of tomato juice
- 1 Cup Water
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a saute pan brown the lamb on medium high heat for about 4 minutes ( reserve fat juices).
- In a large roasting pan, add potatoes, tomato juice, onion, salt and pepper, browned lamb, reserved fat juices and water.
- Cover and cook for 90 minutes until potatoes are tender.
Zesty Tip: Choose the right potato for the job. If you are baking potatoes choose a potato that can stand up to the heat. If you are boiling potatoes and wanting to mash them you can choose a less starchy potato.
A little more from Jamaica
I hope you have a great hump day and I look forward to seeing you all tomorrow.