Good day to you! Sometimes dinners can be rushed and you need a quick and easy solution but still keep the food “somewhat” healthy. Today’s feature is dead easy and if I might add quite tasty. I might be biased as I love salmon – especially fresh Atlantic salmon.
However, any salmon will work and be just as yummy. It is all about the flavoring combination and individual taste buds. For this dish I went with a lemon dill combination hit with a little heat of the red pepper flakes. Over the years, I have cooked salmon in many different ways whether it be roasted, poached, grilled or as today – just a simple pan sear.
I will not get into the specifics but I will say… 8 mins to salmon! Hello…. that is faster than grabbing dirty bird on the way home.
- 4 Pieces of Salmon
- Onion flakes, or powder
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- Pinch of Dill, dried
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- Juice of Lemon
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Bring a sauce pan up to medium high heat.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl, leaving out the lemon and rub it all over the salmon.
- Add half the butter and the olive oil to the preheated pan and lay the salmon in the pan.
- No need to move the salmon in the pan. let it get a nice sear about 3-4 minutes.
- Once the sear is achieved, flip the salmon and let cook 2 more minutes on the other side.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add the other half of the butter and the juice from the lemon.
- Let reduce to a little sauce to drizzle over the salmon upon serving.
Zesty Tip: By adding a little bit of olive oil to the butter in the pan, it prevents the butter from burning as the oil has a higher heat tolerance than butter. It also adds a nice flavor to the slamon.
OK well another recipe complete. Now you just have to go make it and tell me if it was thumbs up or down. If it was mediocre you can tell me it was thumbs sideways. Zesty Junior started that the last couple of years… I find it funny. The most recent was on the blueberry muffins. Hey Dad, ” something about these tastes weird, I give them thumbs sideways”. Haha what a cat.
Talk to you all on Friday – whooo hoooo. have a super day and keep smiling.