Ever have a craving for Nachos but you are tired of the store bought salsa? Not anymore! Try this super simple salsa recipe and you will be eating more nacho chips than you know what to do with. I love salsa in many different forms and on a variety of foods.
In the past I have used it on chicken nachos and most of all I love it on stunning quesadillas. It is really easy to make and stores very well in the fridge as well. Let me know what you think of this quick addition to any Mexican Fiesta.
- 8 Cups tomatoes, chopped finely
- 1½ Cups onions, coarsely chopped
- ½ Cup green pepper, coarsely chopped
- ½ Cup red pepper, coarsely chopped
- 6 -7 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ Cup coriander, finely chopped
- 2/3 Cup red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp black pepper
- Combine all the ingredients in a large pot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium once it comes to a boil.
- Simmer, stirring often, for 10 minutes.
- This tomato salsa recipe makes 6 – 2 cup jars.
This is really that simple and yet tastes so good. Feel free to play around with the flavors and add some heat if you would like. I like to keep out the jalapenos in case the crowd is not a big fan.
Zesty Tip: If you want to store the salsa in the fridge, simple sterilize some glass bottles and then add the salsa to the bottle, seal it and add it to a boiling water bath for about 10 minutes. That will allow it to store in the fridge for a while.
I hope everybody has a great Friday and we will see you back on Monday.