Happy Monday! Hopefully you had a nice weekend and are ready to get back to the grind. The fall is creeping up and routines will soon be created. One routine that we want to work on this year is more family time at the dinner table. So we can talk about the day, share our stories, and have some really quality time. It is easy to forget about this stuff when things get hectic.
For a nice sit down meal give this one below a try. It uses simple flavors and the good quality ingredients to make you feel like you are at a fancy restaurant. The method is simple but involves some time. For the beef, you have a couple of options to make it melt in your mouth. You can throw it in the slow cooker in the morning and let it ride the whole day through, or you can toss it in the oven for 3 hours at 250 F and get similar results.
The ultimate key to great beef is the time you give it to break down and cook and how you season the cut. I chose for a spicy barbecue based sauce with some onion and garlic. Below are all the details on how to recreate this dish.
- 4 Sirloin Steaks
- 1 Head of Cauliflower
- 2 Large Sweet potatoes
- 1 Tbsp. Onion flakes or powder
- 1 Tbsp. Black pepper
- 1/4 Cup Ketchup
- 1/4 Cup Barbecue sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Dry mustard
- 1 Tsp. Seasoning salt
- 1/2 Tsp. Red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp. Coriander
- Splash of water
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- Black Pepper
- Red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp. Honey
- Pinch of salt
- In a large bowl combine all the beef sauce ingredients and mix together. Lay the beef in a large baking dish and cover with sauce liberally. Cover with tin foil and bake in the oven for 3 hours at 250 F
- In another bowl combine the cauliflower sauce ingredients and give a stir. On a cookie sheet, lay some parchment paper down and drop the cauliflower on the paper. Drizzle the sauce over and coat the cauliflower. Let sit for about 30 minutes. Roast in a 400 degree oven until golden brown, tunring a couple times. I let them go about 30-40 minutes. I also finished them off in the broiler to crisp up some edges and keep the cauliflower crunchy.
- For the sweet potatoes, drop in the oven for about an hour or so.
- When the beef is cook, let rest for a minute and serve. I topped it with fresh baby arugula and spinach for some crunch.
Ok, I am heading out to get caught up on some work. I will definitely be back in action on Wednesday for something tasty I hope. Have a great rest of the week and if you have any questions by all means let me know. Before I go, I have a question for you?
What is one routine you want try and get into for the remainder of this year?