Can you believe it? Christmas eve is here and I still have a few last minute gifts to pick up! I am so excited about Christmas this year. I think it is mostly the anticipation for the food and the gifts but then again, who doesn’t get excited about holiday treats?
Today, I thought I would share with you another nice quick appetizer that is easy to pull off last minute – Smoke Salmon Tortilla Wraps. This literally takes 8 minutes to make (I timed myself).
- 3/4 Cup Smooth Ricotta Cheese
- 2 Oz Light Cream Cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Sour Cream
- 2 Tsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Dill
- 2 Tbsp. Chives
- 2 Oz. Smoked Salmon
- 4 Romain Lettuce Leafs
- 4 Large Flour Tortillas
- In a bowl, mix ricotta cheese, cream cheese, and sour cream until smooth.
- Add lemon juice, dill, and chives and mix thoroughly.
- Lay Tortillas flat and spread a thin layer of cheese mixture (leaving a 1/2 inch around the edge).
- Chop smoked salmon and sprinkle over tortilla.
- Chop up 1 lettuce leaf per Tortilla and spread on top.
- Roll tightly inside saran wrap and chill over night (or for 3 hours).
- Once chilled, slice diagonally and serve on a platter.
Zesty Tip: When working with lettuce in any recipe that is going to sit any length of time, ensure the lettuce is dried very well before adding into your recipe. If not, it will make (in this case) the tortilla soft and soggy and not deliver the expected result.
For all the non smoked salmon lovers out there, this dish would work very well as a vegetarian with maybe some match stick carrots, some finely chopped cabbage or you could even substitute chicken in there as well.
For another creative use of tortillas, check out my simple quesadillas post.
Let me hear all about your Christmas eve traditions. Drop back tomorrow for a very special Christmas day breakfast.