Happy Hump Day Zesty Readers! This is Danica from Danica’s Daily and I am sharing a little fall with ya’all in my Pumpkin Nut Bread Recipe today. This recipe is loaded with pumpkin, protein, sweetr berry goodness and a little nutty crunch. I originally developed this recipe when I was doing the Body For Life Challenge, but, it has since become a favorite in our house.
Whip up a batch of this bread whenever you have company coming over and your house will “smell” just like fall too. Oh and you totally do not have to share either
- 3/4 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 Cup Oat Flour (ground up Quaker Old Fashioned Oats!)
- 3 scoops EAS Vanilla Protein Powder (added to boost protein)
- 1/2 Tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 Tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 Tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 Tsp. ground cloves
- 1/8 Tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 Cup Trader Joe’s Dried Three Berry Blend
- 1/2 Cup chopped raw walnuts
- 1 Cup pure pumpkin puree
- 4 Egg whites and 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 Cup Agave nectar
- 1/2 Cup canola oil (or 1/2 ff greek yogurt to boost the protein)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and prepare a 9 x 5 bread pan with nonstick spray and a light dusting of whole wheat flour.
- Stir dry ingredients together in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Whip egg whites until stiff white peaks form in a separate bowl.
- In another bowl, combine berries, pumpkin, agave, egg yolk, egg whites, and oil. Fold in egg whites just until blend.
- Mix dry and wet ingredients just until blended. Do not over mix.
- Place batter in the loaf pan and bake for about 45 minutes or until loaf is just beginning to crack on the top.
- Remove from oven and let cool on wire racks.
- Remove from pan and allow to cool entirely on the wire rack before slicing.
Zesty Tip: You can OMIT the protein powder if you want and boost the flour by 3 tablespoons.
This is quite tasty by itself or you can whip up a Sweet Greek Yogurt Cream for topping. See recipe below for some yogurt topping that will make your heart beat faster. You can of course smear some pumpkin butter on top and go really over the top.
- 2 Tbsp 0% Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 tsp agave nectar
- Mix and spread on your fantastic fall pumpkin bread!
This bread is like tasting a piece of fall. Do try and let me know what you think. Thanks so much for tuning in and listening to Danica’s Daily. For more recipes, tips and more – drop by my blog at Danica’s Daily.
Wow Danica. This bread looks amazing. I am really liking the protein powder addition. I am definitely going to give this a try and I would be very doubtful that there will be much sharing going on. Have a super Wednesday and I will be back with you on Friday.