Happy Halloween!! Sorry for the rush in the day but i have 17 things to do this morning and only about 45 minutes to do it. Including getting my costume on for work. Depending how I look I may share a photo or two on Wednesday!
OK OK – the weekend is over and it is back to the normal weekday grind.
On Sunday morning I had some time to prepare lunch as the rest of the gang was out. I knew I wanted something simple cause we had to be on the move shortly after 1:00 so I came up with a simple pasta dish. Mrs. Zesty loves pasta and mushrooms - so what better way to use up some mushrooms than kick them up a notch with both some heat and some noodles. As I was looking around the fridge and pantry, I noticed some white wine that was begging to be finished as well as some fresh arugula and some button mushrooms.
My mind was made up and we were good to go.
- 1 handful Fettuccine
- 10 -12 Mushrooms ( chopped)
- 1 Tsp. Red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 12 Grape tomatoes
- 1/2 Cup white wine
- 1 Cup Arugula
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 Tsp. Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Parmesan cheese
- Bring water to a boil in a sauce pan; salt and add pasta. Cook according to directions and drain.
- In a large pan, turn on medium heat and olive oil and half the butter. Add mushrooms and begin to cook down – 4-5 minutes
- Season with salt and pepper, add red pepper flakes and cumin. Cook another 3 minutes
- Add tomatoes and cook for about 5 more minutes.
- With heat still on medium, toss in the white wine and cook down for 1 minute. Add remaining pat of butter and stir.
- Toss in the arugula and let wilt for 2 minutes.
- Add cooked drained pasta and toss gently. Shred Parmesan cheese before serving.
Zesty Tip: For the sauce, if you are finding it too dry, add a little bit of the reserved pasta water before draining down the sink. This will bring a nice starchy salty flavor to the sauce and give it a nice balance.
OK there you have it. A simple yet rich dish great for a Sunday lunch or any meal throughout the week. Nothing special but a nice hearty dish to serve with a hunk of homemade bread and a tall glass of mil to battle the heat. I hope you have a super Monday and I will see you in 48 hours.