Fresh lemon zest.
Packed into a light fluffy muffin flavored with cinnamon and nutmeg.
Interest you yet? Made these fellas last night and I have to say they were pretty darn yummy.
- 2 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 Tbsp. Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp. Nutmeg
- 1 Tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp. Lemon zest
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Cup Brown sugar
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Cup melted butter
- 1 Tbsp. Vanilla
- 1 Cup Raspberries, frozen or fresh
- 1 Cup blackberries, frozen or fresh
- 1/4 Cup White sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Light oil or butter the cups and top surface of a standard 12 – muffin pan
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, nutmeg and salt. In a separate bowl add the eggs, brown sugar, milk, butter and vanilla.
- Pour the wet into the dry mixture. Stir together with a few quick strokes until a lump batter forms.
- Add in the blackberries and raspberries
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cups and top with some white sugar.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean after insertion.
- Rest on a rack for a few minutes. Serve with butter and your favorite liquid.
Zesty Tip: Beating a batter until a form of smoothness develops strong gluten in the flour. This will cause your muffins to be tough. By just applying a few strokes and leaving the batter lumpy, this will allow the muffins to be tender.
Have a super Wednesday. I was just outside and the sun is blazing and the birds are chirping. Come on spring – get over here. Talk to you at the end of the week.