Help The Student Event: Day 19
We made it! Survived the weekend! Is that ever difficult. I always find they zoom by so fast. I played 18 holes of golf with the brother in laws and zesty nephew yesterday…. Is it embarrassing to say that of the 206 bones in my body, 196 of them are sore this morning? I know I know… I am somewhat out of shape ( depending on what shape you are referring too)
However today, To wrap up the final week of “Help The Student Event” I bring to you a very simple yet very tasty quick dish you can make with your friends over or even when you are craving cheese. 5 Ingredients and 45 minutes is all you need.
This all comes back to the fact that I am a huge bread baby and I am always attracted to pastry.
For ease of time I opted to go for the puff pastry. This bake might be the easiest show stopper appetizer I’ve ever made. The look of this dish as it came out of the oven was pure bliss. I could almost taste the warm jam melted with warm soft cheese.
- 1 Pkg. Puff Pastry
- 1 Brie Wheel (1lb)
- 1 Egg
- Sprinkle Sugar and Cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. Fruit Spread ( blackberry )
- Preheat Oven to 325°.
- Thaw the pastry and put a couple of spoonfuls of the fruit spread in the middle.
- Cut one side of the rind off the brie and put it face up in the fruit spread.
- Wrap the fruit and brie with the pastry.
- Cover with egg wash (egg and a bit of water) and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes at 325°. You’ll be able to tell when it’s done!
Zesty Tip: For the filling, avoid the pastry from getting too wet from the spread by choosing what I call a tight spread (not too runny).
Have a super Monday! Stay tuned for something simple yet practical for tomorrow’s recipe/tip. Does anybody have anything they would like to see for the next three days, if so let me know and I will try my best.