For this week leading up to Super Bowl in Dallas, I wanted to share a few fun recipes for you and your friends to try for the BIG GAME. They will not be over the top cool, but I think they will give you a different outlook on how BIG game football food can taste. Go big or stay home!
So a few weeks back I was watching the food network … of course right… and took note of a fun grilled shrimp recipe with a hint of lime and red pepper flakes in the base of the marinade and then you skewer it with rosemary leaves. I thought to myself… genius! With that said, I thought I would give it a try.
There is not much too the marinade but the choice ingredients make for a very succulent shrimp.
- 16-20 Jumbo Shrimp ( Tails removed and deveined )
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 1/2 Tsp. Red pepper flakes
- Fresh rosemary
- Preheat your grill to high ( 400 Degrees)
- Prepare your marinade by adding the oil, lime juice, red pepper flakes in a bowl
- Take the shrimp, season with salt and pepper and toss them in the marinade for a few minutes while the grill is heating up.
- With the rosemary leaves, remove some of the sprigs off to create a place for the shrimp, then gently slide the shrimp onto the branch. repeat the process until complete.
- Once the grill is ready to go, pop them on the grill and watch them closely. These guys will cook quickly so give them a turn after about 1 minute. They will turn pink once they are complete but you DO NOT want them over cooked.
- Sprinkle with a hint of chives.
Zesty Tip: When cooking shrimp over high heat, they tend to curl up which is normal. To keep them from creating too much of a coil, place the rosemary skewer almost lengthwise to keep them on the straight and narrow.
So there you have appetizer one of SUPER BOWL week. I will be back on Wednesday for some more ideas on how you can have your own tailgate party at your house. Talk soon and meanwhile I will continue working on the upgrade of zesty to make it better for you.