Wow this week has flown by so fast. Ever feel like there is not enough hours in the day to accomplish everything you need to do? I am definitely in that mode as of late. There are so many things I want to do with ZestyCook.com and so many ideas to share with you but my regular work/career keeps getting in the way. Oh but it’s OK, I will survive! It’s all about balance…right?
On the topic of balance, this recipe is a great example of utilizing the super flavors within food. Inside this sauce you have sweet, sour, spicy and salty. I really love this sauce and cannot get enough it. When you take a bite you can feel the explosion of flavor.
The recipe for these legs could not get any easier… check it out below.
- 4-6 Full Chicken Legs
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 Tsp. Chili Powder
- 1/2 Cup Sweet Chili Sauce (I used bottled)
- 1 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
- 3 Cloves of Garlic ( Chopped)
- 1/2 Cup Hoisin Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Spice Blend
- 2 Tbsp. Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Water
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (I opted for the low and slow method as I was in no rush and love when the meat falls off the bone).
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and place legs on Sheet Pan.
- Top with salt, pepper and chili powder and place in the oven.
- In a sauce pan combine remaining ingredients and cook over low heat (about 15-20 Minutes).
- After 35 minutes in the oven – turn the chicken and continue cooking until golden brown.
- Transfer chicken to a large bowl and toss each piece with sauce.
- Serve with your favorite side dish.
Zesty Tip: While cooking glazes and sauces especially ones with sugar in them, be careful about over heating. I like to keep a low heat and if you notice that the sauce is becoming to thick just simple add a splash of water to thin it out.
So there you have it – a simple recipe for sweet and savory legs. In my mind this is a really great flavor that will make you happy time and time again.
Have a great Thursday!