We are growing tarragon for the very reason below.
Simple yet Amazing!
Not all the time I get super excited about a salad, but today is slightly different. Now, I am not sure if it was the company I was with or the flavors in the salad but let me tell you – this was super good.
Do you like Tarragon? What about honey? Any cravings for toasted almonds? If you said yes to these questions than I am certain you will be licking this bowl just like I wanted too. The salad itself is really simple. Just three ingredients besides the dressing – but the flavor is dynamic!
- Head of Romaine Lettuce
- 1/2 Cup Roasted Almonds, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. Tarragon (dried) or 1 handful of fresh Tarragon
- 1/3 Cup Honey
- 1/3 Cup Vinegar
- 1/3 Cup Oil
- 1 Tsp. Dry mustard
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- In the oven or dry roasting pan, toast the almonds until golden brown.
- Clean and prepare the romaine lettuce and fresh tarragon.
- Combine oil, vinegar, honey, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper and mix thoroughly.
- In a large bowl combine lettuce, tarragon and almonds; add dressing just before serving.
Zesty Tip: To keep everyone happy at the table you can serve the dressing on the side in case some people do not like it and you will be also able to keep leftovers. I prefer the dressing poured over just before serving but it may not be for everyone.
This salad is a definite keeper. I really like the simplicity of it yet the powerful combination of flavors. I have to thank the camping neighbors for this salad – it is such a great pair with a simple cheeseburger or even something more elegant like a seared piece of halibut. You will not be disappointed with this salad. Have a super day and keep smiling.