Let me start off by saying that viewer discretion is advised for today’s post. OK now with the story that preludes possibly the greatest brownie I have ever sunk my teeth in thus far in my life. Last Saturday Mrs. Zesty had a baby shower to attend and she was designated for a dessert/sweet treat for the girls. Last week was a bit of a zoo and I think I forgot about prepping this dessert until Friday afternoon at work. After work I did a quick scan for some ideas and came up with a chocolate caramel brownie. I figured that would be a hit with a “bunch” of girls.
I knew time was tight and I didn’t want to spend all night Friday night to prep a dessert. With that said, I counted on Google and did a quick chocolate caramel brownie search. At that point you can say my life may have changed forever. See below for all the details.
This recipe, I cannot take any credit for and nor will I try as it is compliments of Nestle Toll House and as you can see from the reviews…. I am not the only one that liked them.
- 1 pkg. (18.25 oz.) chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup chopped nuts ( Optional )
- 1 cup Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, melted
- 35 (10-oz. pkg.) caramels, unwrapped
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Combine cake mix and nuts in large bowl. Stir in 2/3 cup evaporated milk and butter (batter will be thick). Spread half of batter into ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Heat caramels and remaining evaporated milk in small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until caramels are melted. Sprinkle morsels over brownie; drizzle with caramel mixture.
- Drop remaining batter by heaping teaspoon over caramel mixture.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until center is set.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
Zesty Tip: The only tip I could recommend for this recipe is too make it at least in double batch form. It is absolutely amazing.
If you like gooey, chocolate, caramel and oh did I mention brownies…. if so you have to make these TODAY! As I know a lot of people have great brownie recipes from scratch but too follow this recipe which literally takes 10 minutes to prep, the results are so satisfying. Girls if you are reading from the shower, let me know what you thought of the brownie in the comments.
Have an awesome Wednesday and let me know if you have any questions concerning this recipe or any other recipe that you see here.