In a rush?
Need a quick cake?
I have a solution.
Now, I don’t think I can stand here and call this a recipe but I can definitely sit on my chair and tell you that this cake is delicious and the slight modifications to a cake mix are DELISH! There is no question in the world…. if you cannot keep this cake moist you better throw in the bundt pan and step out of the kitchen. OK that was harsh… but you get the idea!
- 1 package devil’s food cake mix
- 1package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil ( Could sub Apple sauce)
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, sour cream, milk, oil, water and eggs. Beat for 4 minutes, then mix in 2 cups chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in the pan, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- To make the glaze: Melt the butter and 1 cup chocolate chips in a double boiler or microwave oven. Stir until smooth and drizzle over cake.
Zesty Tip: As an addition to the glaze, you could top with shaved chocolate or even some crushed nuts. Hazelnuts would be an excellent choice or even walnuts.
Friday is upon us. Spring break is about to begin. I am going to go work hard today so I can relax a day or two next week. Have a great weekend and talk to you on Monday.