Good day to you! Is breakfast your favorite meal of the day? For me, I would have to say yes to that question. Although I love eating at anytime of the day, breakfast is usually one of my favorites. Whether it is cereal, oatmeal, bacon and eggs, fresh homemade bread and jam, or an super delicious breakfast sandwich – sign me up because I am ready to go.
Today I wanted to share one of my favorite sandwiches in the morning. It is strictly just bacon, egg and cheese but it is the combination of flavors and textures that sends me over the moon. Oh wait, maybe it is the grease from the bacon and the richness of the cheese, followed by the buttery flavored croissant that makes me smile. Either or, I am pretty sure you will love this sandwich.
Before we get to far involved, let me state that the choice of bread can be endless. Today I went with a nice fresh croissant ( bakery purchased) but often times I would go with just homemade bread, maybe a fresh biscuit or even an English muffin or bagel. No rules on the bread front.
- 1 Croissant
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Slice of real cheddar
- 2 slices of ham( cooked )
- Black Pepper
- Mayo ( optional )
- 1 Tbsp. Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Water
- Preheat pan to medium high heat.
- Crack two eggs in a bowl, add water and pepper and whisk together
- Add the oil in the preheated pan and pour the beaten eggs in moving them around. Waiting about 1 minute, until the underside of the egg is cooked, gently use your lifter/flipper/turner to get under the egg and fold it over like an omelet.
- Place cheese slice on top of egg and let melt
- Let cook another minute or so and remove the pan from the heat.
- Assemble the sandwich: Slice open croissant, add the ham to the bottom slice, top with egg and cheese and complete the sandwich.
Zesty Tip: Often times if you want a crunch, I will turn on the broiler in the oven and toast both the croissant and melt the cheese at the same time in the oven. You could also just toast the croissant by itself and add the toppings once complete.
I hope all the US folks had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Let’s not forget that today is the final day for signing up for the book giveaway. I will be back Monday with ( if all things go as planned on the weekend) a very cool post to share with you.