Good morning you! Big day in Zesty land today. It’s Mrs. Zesty birthday today!! We don’t have much time after work to celebrate but we will squeeze in some time around supper time to have some fun with the family. Lately it seems there is not enough hours in the day to get everything done but hopefully that is just a phase.
On to some cookies ( YUM ). Another cookie we brought for the bake sale last week were Toffee Chocolate Chip cookies. I really enjoyed the flavor but most of all the texture. They were soft and chewy with the amazing flavor of toffee and chocolate. Needless to say the remaining cookies that did not make the bake sale… lasted all of 2 hours on the counter.
- 2/3 Cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 Cup brown sugar
- 1/4 Cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla
- 1 2/3 Cups All purpose flour
- 1/2 Tsp. Baking soda
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 1/2 Cup Toffee bits
- 1/2 Cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat butter with both sugars until fluffy; beat in egg and vanilla
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; stir into butter mixture until combined.
- Toss in toffee bits and chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoon onto parchment paper lined baking sheets.
- Bake in oven until golden about 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool on pan and then transfer to cooling rack.
Zesty Tip: Making these cookies in multiple batches was a way to experiment with timing and baking of the cookie. I preferred the texture around the 9 minute mark especially after they cooled. They stayed soft and chewy.
Ok so Monday is here, let’s make the best of it! The weather is sub-par and has been for as long as I can remember. I need to get the garden planted but am getting a little leery that time is passing. I may start some plants off as opposed to the seed. I will touch base with you on Wednesday.