Hey you! End of the week is here and I wanted to switch up things a little bit and share with you some tips I try to use when planning for a get together or party. Now these ideas are nothing earth shattering or unheard of but it is just a guideline that may ease some stress around “PARTY TIME“.
- For a simple centerpiece, arrange bunches of flowers ( daisies, etc in small tin buckets )
- Plastic glasses and utensils make cleanup easy
- When serving messy meals like ribs, use lightweight bandannas instead of thin napkins
- Dress salads just before serving
- Keep lots of napkins and or paper towel on hand to wipe up spills
- To keep beverages cold longer, place in a full tub of ice, water and salt ( 1 Tbsp. per Quart of water )
- Use checklists and try to divide up tasks among your helpers
- Plan ahead and prep whatever you can ahead of time.
- Have Fun while doing it
Ok, so it is 8:55 pm o’clock in the evening ( last night ) and I just realized I have a client meeting at 9:00 that I totally forgot about so that is going to eat into my evening of relaxation. Oh well – I will still try and sneak a piece of fudge and possibly some killer banana bread before hitting the sack.
Have a great weekend and I will talk to you on Monday.