Hi Zesty readers!
My name is Amy and I write a health and fitness blog over at Amy’s Quest to Skinny. When Zesty asked for guest posts, I jumped at the chance as I have a fabulous recipe to share that will be perfect for my favorite holiday that is just around the corner: THANKSGIVING. (Well for us Canadians anyway!!)
Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
- 2 Sweet potatoes
- 2-3 Tbsp ff/light cream cheese
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- Splash of vanilla
- 1-2 Tsp of margarine/butter
- Toasted almond slivers or walnuts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Pierce sweet potatoes with fork; bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 45 to 60 minutes or until tender.
- Cut thin slice from top of each potato; scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell.
- In large bowl, mash potatoes; stir in remaining ingredients except brown sugar.
- Spoon into potato shells; sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Top with toasted almonds and enjoy!
A big thanks to Zesty for allowing me the opportunity to share this recipe. Please stop by Amy’s Quest to Skinny to say hello!
Thanks Amy for such a great post. I am sure this will be a huge hit on dinner tables around the globe. I am back in Canada and I will be home very shortly. Once I arrive at the airport – I will be off directly to the building site. Lots of updates are in order for next week. Have a great weekend!
Along the same lines, here is another post on stuffed baked potatoes.