Driving home from work yesterday afternoon, I was starving and realized that I did not take anything out for supper. At that point I decided to pull into the super market and attempt to put a meal plan together on the run. I made it to the meat department and noticed that Pork Loin Chops were on sale so the wheels started turning as I came up with an idea for pork chops. They were so thick and looked incredible yummy.
I picked up two of those and moved along to the seafood section. I thought that I was craving scallops and grabbed 10 fresh scallops to atop the pork. I then needed a vegetable or two as I thought that maybe some brown rice would go well with my already developing recipe. I walked over and grabbed a fresh package of shitake mushrooms and some baby spinach and I was on my way. Once home I came up with a sauce and because it was pork I thought I would go with an apple based sauce but kick it up with some sweet chili sauce. Follow along below to see the process.
- 2 Pork Loin Chops Center Cut Bone-In
- 10 Scallops
- 2 cups of Baby Spinach
- 1 cup of Shitake Mushrooms ( coarsely chopped )
- 1 cup of Apple Juice
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Sweet Chili Sauce
- Cracked Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees
- Season both sides of Pork Chops with cracked black pepper
- Pan sear the pork until golden brown crust forms
- Place pork in roasting pan and place in oven for about 10-12 minutes until cooked through
- With the pan drippings still in the frying pan, add apple juice, garlic, soy sauce, sweet chili sauce and bring to a boil and then let reduce.
- Once reduced by half, add mushrooms and spinach to the sauce.
- Start another Sautee pan and heat up some olive oil and sprinkle some red pepper flakes in the oil. Once hot place the scallops in and sear on both sides until golden brown. Once complete remove from heat and set aside.
- After the mushroom and spinach cook through add the scallops to the sauce as well and stir to coat the scallops.
- Ready to plate. I like to place a big scoop of brown rice on the bottom of the plate and then set the pork chop on top followed by the delicious reduction of sauce, mushroom, spinach and most of all tender juicy scallops.