The weekend is here.
Weather is getting warmer… hopefully.
You might be getting busier?
You may make excuses on making healthy choices?
Well stop. Healthy cooking does not take longer. It just takes a little organization and good ingredients. Today, I prepared a simple salad to satisfy you on a quick running out the door evening, a busy weekend afternoon or maybe just a a day when you want something easy to make without all the fuss.
Warm Raspberry Chicken Salad w/ Spinach and Goat
- 4 Cups Spinach
- 2 Cups chicken, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 sprigs fresh tyhme
- 1 Cup raspberries, washed
- 1/2 Cup goat cheese, crumbled
- handful of walnuts, optional ( you could use any nut)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat saucepan over medium heat and add olive oil and begin cooking the onion. Let cook 4-5 minutes until translucent and becomes soft. Add chicken and cook until no longer pink and getting a nice brown color, about 4-6 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Turning the heat to low, toss in 1/2 the raspberries. Let the raspberries break down for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the thyme, and nuts.
- Stir to coat.
- On a large plate, layout the baby spinach. Spoon the warm chicken and onion mixture over the spinach.
- Top with remaining raspberries and goat cheese.
Zesty Tip: By cooking the onions it releases the sweetness of the onion and cutting some of that strong flavor. A great combination with the raspberry. If you want your onions to caramelize quicker, just sprinkle a little sugar in the pan with the onion.
Have an awesome weekend. We are finally getting the garden planted this weekend. Seems late but it will be the exact same date as last year. I will talk to you on Monday.