Hitting you up wit a re post today as I am away from home for today and the weekend.
Some things will never change. I will continue to cook fun, easy and idiot proof recipes for you to “hopefully” enjoy and document them along the way with pictures to aide in your at home preparation. I think today will not disappoint. What do you get when you take roasted mushrooms with Parmesan cheese, pan seared chicken breasts with balsamic and orange reduction, fresh spinach and some whole wheat pasta?
Answer = YUM
This dish was actually quite tasty and as I was evaluating it last night – the one thing I would alter was the amount of sauce. I had very little as it reduced so much so in the ingredients below I will display what I did but you may want to increase the amounts if you are a sauce lover.
- 2 Boneless Chicken breasts ( sliced)
- 2 Cups Whole button mushrooms
- 2 Large handfuls of spinach
- 1/4 Cup Orange Juice
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Cups Whole Wheat Penne Pasta
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cook pasta according to directions
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and arrange mushrooms on sheet
- Coat with one tablespoon of olive oil, balsamic vinegar and some Parmesan cheese; toss to coat evenly
- Roast for 20 minutes turning occasionally
- In a saute pan, turn to medium heat and begin to cook the chicken with the remaining tablespoon of oil. Once the chicken begins to brown toss in the roasted mushrooms, orange juice, remaining balsamic and let reduce for 4 minutes
- Add spinach and cook until spinach is wilted
- Add noodles, mix thoroughly and dress with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.
Zesty Tip: For me this tip is all about balance. Use the balsamic and orange juice to balance themselves but be sure you have enough sauce. This was my only mistake in this dish. I feel it would have been even better with more sauce.
Tell me what you think of this recipe, what other recipes you would like to see, whether you would like to participate by doing a zesty post or if you just like stopping in here each day to check things out.
I am wide open and very flexible and there is nothing I will not answer. Have yourself a great Friday and weekend!