I had a craving for a cookie…. I am not sure why but I did. As I was surfing through some cookbooks I thought to myself, “hmmm, I have both white chocolate and macadamia nuts in the pantry. Let’s do it!”
This recipe is super simple and very similar to any quick cookie batter. For an extra kick of flavor, I snuck in some almond extract. Oh so Yummy!
Next time you have a cookie craving try these little babies. They are guaranteed to hit the spot. The outside edges have a slight crunch yet the inside of the cookie is chewy and flavorful. Simply delicious.
- 1 Cup butter, softened
- 3/4 Cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 Tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 Tsp. almond extract
- 2 1/2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 Tsp. salt
- 1 Cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 Cup coarsely chopped white chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla and almond extracts.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; gradually stir into the creamed mixture.
- Mix in the macadamia nuts and white chocolate.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto non greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown.
ZestyTip: Any time I have nuts in a recipe, I like to toast them before adding them in the batter. This enhances the flavor and brings out their natural texture. As well, be careful when buying nuts as they can over power a recipe. To avoid this, be sure that the nuts are nice and fresh.
Have a great Wednesday… WOW – It is hump day already. Keep smiling.