It is baking night at Zesty’s! Nothing fancy but I thought I would share with you a family favorite for a quick yet satisfying dessert. I sometimes add nuts but they are not a huge hit at our house so I left them out for this one.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 oz. unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1 oz. semi-sweet baking chocolate
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Chocolate Sauce (for topping)
- Ice Cream
- Grease bottom of an 8 inch square baking pan.
- Melt both chocolates with butter in a medium saucepan stirring over low heat until smooth (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat.
- Stir in sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Mix in flour, salt, vanilla, stirring only until mixture is smooth and ingredients are combined. Once flour has been added, do not overmix to prevent toughening.
- Spread mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until brownies begin to shrink from sides of pan.
- Allow to cool before cutting into squares.
Note: if your brownies are dry or tend to be overbaked consistently, reduce the temperature of your oven by 25 degrees.
Recipe can be doubled by baking twice the amount of all ingredients in a 13X9 inch pan. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.