MERRY CHRISTMAS! I’ve only made these pancakes a couple of times but they are so good that I had to share them with you. The secret ingredient, as far as I can see, is nutmeg.
This recipe is perfect for Christmas morning! Wake up, open a few presents and you can then whip up these pancakes in no time. The whole grain oatmeal pancakes are super simple with an easy to follow recipe.
The first time I made these pancakes, I found them to be so hearty and filling that I had a hard time finishing three of them. Normally, I can eat three pancakes before the rest of the family is even seated!
Enough about my voracious appetite, lets get started with the oatmeal pancake recipe.
Quick note, as I have said in the past, make sure your ingredients are fresh especially the baking powder.
- 1 Cup Oats
- 1 Cup All Purpose flour
- 1 Cup Whole-wheat flour
- 2 Tbsp. Baking powder
- 1/2 Tsp. Nutmeg
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 1 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/4 Cup Vegetable oil
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla
- 2 Tbsp. Honey
- Preheat a large skillet over medium to medium low heat.
- Whisk together the oats, flours, baking powder, nutmeg and salt.
- Using the same whisk, but in a second bowl, whisk together the milk, oil, eggs, vanilla and honey.
- Pour the wet into the dry mixture and stir briefly, just until combined.
- Spoon into the skillet.
- Once bubbles form on the outside of the pancake and do not fill in again – it is time to flip them over.
- Flip just once – plate them up.
I hope everyone has a great Christmas day! Let me know what Santa brought you – I love hearing about all the fun gifts.