Happy Monday everybody! I hope everyone had a great weekend. Today I thought I would share with you a great fall classic. With thanksgiving just around the corner, serve this as a side dish that will warm you up and tantalize your taste buds.
I never tried basil before with this recipe. I really enjoy the punch that the basil gave. Let me know what you think!
- 5 Medium Carrots
- 1 Tbsp. Sugar
- 1 Tsp. Cornstarch
- 1/4 Tsp. Salt
- 1/4 Tsp. Ginger
- 1/8 Tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp. Basil
- 1/4 Cup orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- Cut carrots however you prefer.
- Boil in water for about 10 minutes or until almost tender.
- Meanwhile combine sugar, cornstarch, salt, basil, cinnamon and ginger in a small saucepan.
- Add orange juice; cook, stirring constantly until thick and bubbly.
- Boil 1 minute. Add butter.
- Pour over drained carrots.
- Toss and serve.
Zesty Tip: When cooking any root vegetable that you will later add a sauce too – make sure to slightly under cook your vegetables as they will continue to cook in the sauce. To stop the cooking process after boiling them or steaming them – you can shock them in ice water.
I hope everyone has a great Monday!