Happy Friday. As promised, a fun little post today thanks to some free goodies that were sent to me from the fine folks at Swanson Health products. Included in the package last week are Natural Organic Almonds ( YUM), Raw Organic Honey and some Eden Organic Kamut Pasta Vegetable Spirals.
I have never tries Kamut before so I was quite anxious to give it a whirl. I will try anything once but I was a little unsure what to pair it with. I decided to keep it an all “vegetarian” dish. Anyone proud of me? Really simple dish that was quite long lasting and filling. The pasta had a great flavor and I will definitely eat it again. Not sure I can buy it here so I will have to hit up Swanson or the Eden folks for some more.
- 2 Cups Kamut Vegetable Spirals
- 1 Can 15 oz Black Beans ( drained and rinsed)
- 2 Cups baby spinach
- Handful of grape tomatoes
- 1 Tsp. Olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic ( chopped)
- Splash of lemon juice
- 1 Tsp. cumin
- Salt and pepper
- Cook Kamut according to the directions.
- In a separate sauce pan, heat over medium and add olive oil
- Toss in black beans and tomatoes and begin to cook through
- Add garlic, lemon juice and cumin and let cook for 3 minutes
- Toss in spinach, salt and pepper.
- Drain pasta and add in to bean mixture. Mix well and serve.
Zesty Tip: Be gentle on the black beans, you do not want to have them turn into mush so when you are stirring them be sure to stir underneath them and try not to break them down.
I love getting free stuff sent to the house. I am just like a kid when that happens. I get so excited and get the whole family involved. If you are a blogger, what was the favorite package you ever received?
Have a super Friday and a fantastic weekend. Mine is action packed and will fill you in on Monday. Rumor on the street is that we may be going to the Stock car races. Zesty Junior’s eyes lit up like glow plugs and cannot wait.