Happy Monday everybody! I am out of the office today but still wanted to post something special and fun. I posted this 3 1/2 years ago and received a very good response as to what people liked on their toast. So I thought, readers have changed, tastes have changed – let’s ask again? What does everybody like on their toast?
Quite a title for this post… isn’t it? Well I am hoping to have an interactive post about toppings for your toast. Now of course there is plain butter but I thought I would share with you some of my all-time favorite toppings for toast. In return, I would love for each and every reader to post their favorite topping in the comments section. I think this will be fun!
Let’s keep in mind that the options are endless and it’s very difficult to narrow it down to just ten. It just so happens that I have a couple of different loaves of bread on hand so here are some of my favorites and a couple pictures.
Top Ten Toast Toppings
- Apple Sauce (homemade), Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Dash of Brown Sugar – A simple dessert like toast that can be enjoyed anytime of the day.
- Peanut Butter, Nutella (or any chocolate spread) and Banana – This stick to your ribs favorite will get you going in the morning.
- Butter, Strawberry Jam, Sharp Cheddar Cheese - Possibly one of my all time favorite…. i love the combination of cheese and homemade jam from Mom.
- Bacon, Tomato, Cheddar Cheese - A quick BLT without the lettuce… you can add lettuce if you want but I prefer without.
- Almond Butter, Honey and Granola - The sweet goodness really fills you up in the morning. great combination of flavors here.
- Butter, Garlic, Parmesan and Mozzarella Cheese - The old fashion garlic bread… can you really beat it. Serve this up with a big dish of Spaghetti
- Tuna Salad, Celery, Havarti Cheese - A simple lunch that really fits the bill and is so delicious on a thick slice of multigrain bread in the toaster oven.
- Butter and Poached Egg - The breakfast classic and oh so good with a glass of fresh squeezed orange juice or even a berry smoothie
- Brie, Cranberry Sauce and Bacon – Killer snack and even great for parties on mini toasts.
- Chicken Salad, Walnuts and Diced Granny Smith Apple - One of my favorite open faced sandwiches.
Zesty Tip: When cooking toast, always try and add the topping as soon as the toast is popped and at it’s hottest point. Also if you are adding a fairly heavy topping, I like to brown the toast a little darker than normal to avoid the bread getting soggy.
So there you have it, my top ten toast toppings! I am sure that there are hundreds of combinations out there, so let’s hear them. This is a great opportunity for you to share your crazy toast toppings. You just may realize that it is not that crazy after all. Have a great Tuesday everybody. Keep Smiling.