Ever crave a good old fashion cheeseburger? Well this kid craves them all the time. I know it is not great for you but listen to this… How about some extra lean ground beef, a whole wheat bun, mushrooms, onions (if you like them), dash of mustard, and a splash of ketchup. Oh wait – you can’t forget the cheese.
For my cheeseburger, I play a little game called “Hide the cheese”. I can hear you saying “Oh dear, this zesty guy is crazy”. Well that is partially true but hear me out. I like to put the cheese inside the burger when I mix it. For this I cut the old cheddar cheese up in little cubes and add it to the beef mixture. By doing so, it ensures the beef to be juicy and gooey and embed the flavor in every bite.
I went ahead and paired the burger with some savory potato wedges, some sweet potato chunks and a simple salad. They were a huge hit as always.Follow along below and check out the process. Pretty simple but fun and let me know what you think of the zesty tip today.
- 2 Lbs Extra Lean Ground Beef
- 2 Eggs
- Black Pepper
- Button Mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- Cheddar Cheese
- Prepare the ground beef in a large mixing bowl
- Preheat grill to medium high heat
- Add eggs and pepper too beef and mix well.
- Cut cheese into small chunks and add to beef
- Using your hands, incorporate the cheese into the beef
- Form the patties to the size of your liking ( I prefer to have them a larger circumference and a thinner height)
- Place patties onto a plate and press your thumb in the center of the burger making a slight indentation
- Clean your grill as it is reheating.
- Place the burgers on the grill and do not move them until a nice crust is formed. You can do a half turn for grill marks if that tickles your fancy.
- In a frying pan, over medium heat add olive oil and saute the onions until translucent.
- Add mushrooms and continue cooking down until golden brown.
- Turn the burgers over, add your favorite barbecue sauce if so desired and continue cooking until no longer pink
- Remove from heat and let rest.
- Assemble the burger to your liking.
Zesty Tip: To prevent the burger from puffing up in the center as it cooks, I press down in the center. Also another great tip is too not add sauce to your burgers to early. It will just burn as most sauces have sugar in them.
So I guess that wraps up the “Zesty Ultimate Cheeseburger”. This was a really fun post to do and I hope you enjoy it! If you have any questions, do not hesitate to send me an email. Have a great Thursday and I will see you with a weekday wrap up tomorrow.